Friday, April 09, 2004

Check out these components...

Bought a bike...
So yesterday I bought a used 2001 Trek Fuel 98. It is in pristine condition and has never been ridden off cement. There are only 40 miles on it (not a scratch).

Components:
- Alpha SLR aluminum frame
- Rock Shox SID XC front fork (80mm of travel) - these support disk brakes
- Fox Float R rear fork (3" of travel)
- Shimano XT/XTR deraileurs
- Rims support tubeless tires

The thing retails for over $2000, but used I got it for $750. I think that's a decent deal.

Now the problem is that I have to buy a bunch of new stuff for it:
- Clipless pedals/shoes
- Biking shorts
- XC tires
- Maintenance kit
- Gloves
- Helmet

It did come with a wireless bike computer, shock pump, bike pump, tool carrying case, and extra tubes, so at least I won't have to buy that stuff.