Monday, March 01, 2004

Vancouver - Saturday 21st of Feb
Well, I drove to Vancouver late Friday night to meet Jen and Ryan who flew up from Ontario to check out the mountains.

By the time I arrived in Vancouver everyone was asleep, so it wasn't until the morning that I had a chance to say hi. Saturday we went to the Granville Island Market for breakfast. I wasn't impressed, but that's probably because I had some weird noodle sandwich and a melon smoothie. We then hiked around the 8.5k Stanley Park Seawall loop which was very scenic. Afterwards we went over to Lynn Canyon on the north shore to check out a suspension bridge you don't have to pay for. If you'd like to pay to stand on a suspension bridge you can visit the Capilano bridge. After this we went to Grouse Mountain and took the Skyride up to the top. For those of you who are thinking about doing this... Consider booking a reservation for dinner as you get to ride up for free instead of having to pay $25 each. Also, in the Spring, Summer and Fall you can just hike up.

I'll talk about Sunday in another post because this is getting long :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home