Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Well, Tuesday always seems to be my busiest week day.

Every second Tuesday I have a guitar lesson with Geoffrey and every week I have a AA volleyball league game at Tyee.

This week we lost 3 sets to 1 to the top team in the league. It's respectable as I think this is the most competitive AA league in town (all the other AA leagues I've been on seemed much less intense). In this league I get the privilege of playing with some very very capable players including David Dickman (former IE guru) and GerhardS (for those of you 'at the company'). I think Dave's still a bit bummed I missed our Sunday game at the Eastside Catholic High School... It didn't help that I told him I may go to Whistler again next week. I actually think I played fairly decently this week which is good news.

At my guitar lesson we worked on a classical piece called Dance (we of course added enough distortion to make it sound like something from a Yngwei Malmsteen album). The piece changes keys more times than I care to talk about, but mainly sticks to A Aeolian, A Harmonic Minor, E Harmonic Minor and I believe there's a B Lydian thrown in there somewhere for good measure. Or at least for a measure... This week was the melody and rythm, next week we'll be playing Arpeggios over the cord changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home