Friday, April 30, 2004

The North Shore

Well, I made it out to Mt. Seymour on Saturday and Sunday last week.

Saturday:
Apparently the Bridal Path trail isn't meant to be ridden the way we did. It goes the other way... Sounds like it may make sense to go with a local to Mt. Seymour first.

Sunday:
Went to Mt. Seymour with Glade who actually knows his way around the hill. He gave me the requisite body armour to do the trek, and we drove up to the top (he lives at the bottom, so we biked down to his place to drive back up with another vehicle). Well, in the first 5 mins I had already gone over the handle bars, lost my back tire, and half of the air in my back shock purged. I seemed to be the only one on the trail with a XC bike, but I made it in the end. No broken bones is a plus I suppose.

The north shore of Vancouver is known for some of the most technical downhill mt. biking in the world, so it was interesting to go and see what was up. The structures and drops on the trails we hit were pretty impressive, but my bike wasn't really cut out for some of the pain I put it through.