Thursday, June 15, 2006

North Shore Ripper 2006 – CBC Time Trial


This weekend Matt, Dan, and I went up to Vancouver to race in the 3rd North Shore Ripper of the season – the CBC Time Trial.

Basically you go down Seymour’s flagship trail as fast as you can, getting time bonuses for stunts, skinnies, and style as you go.

Since Dan had never ridden the trail before we decided to go up early Friday with Glade and a few others to do a late night run. We wanted to do two, but we had too many mechanicals… There were 3 popped tubes, a broken crank/pedal, a broken front brake line, a blown shoe, and I broke my rear shock rendering my bike useless for the race.

So we called it a night…

The next day we raced. I took Cheryl’s bike because mine was out of commission. Here is the race write-up and results, that’s Matt in the spidey suit… As you can tell from the results I didn’t get a lot of style points. I actually went over the handlebars, and wiped out two other times on the structures while racing, and that probably didn’t help my time too much. Seems they don’t give style points for stylish wipeouts. I injured my wrist, but it’s not broken, so I hope to be back in action in a couple of weeks.

Couple of things to keep in mind while racing DH:
1) Pace yourself.
2) Stunts are harder when you’re tired.
3) A race is not a good time to try new tricks.

Until next time…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home