Wednesday, October 03, 2007

More local biking

This past weekend I had the chance to go out to some of the local bike trails. After getting some trail work Dan, Chase, and I had a few short runs to top the day off.

Here are a few shots of me from the short session:

IMG_0574

IMG_0576

Here's one of Chase (who's 15):

IMG_0584

And here's Dan:

IMG_0579

Overall the trail's always a fun time.

Otherwise the weekend was pretty tame. Cheryl and I have been looking for reception locations for next summer. We've got a few locations in mind. We went to Columbia Winery to taste test some wines and check out their wedding venue, the wine was reasonable, but the venue won't work for us given they're only open until midnight. We spent some time walking around capitol hill looking at a few other venues as well.

Henry recently bought a house in the Mt. Baker district just south of I-90, on Sunday we went over to his place for a potluck and checked out his new entertainment setup. He bought a 42" flat screen TV, along with an XBox, so it was really good to see what Gears of War is supposed to look like. My 6 year old 27" CRT TV is a bit sub standard...

Anyhow, tomorrow I'm going to Los Angeles on a business trip. I've never been to LA before, so we'll see how it goes. My first meeting is in Beverly Hills, so I'll keep a look out for people more famous than me :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you hear that Stevens Pass is considering building a bike park? Nothing settled yet, but they're actually contracting with the same folks who built the bike park up at Whistler. I'm curious to see what happens next summer...

5:51 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

I took a quick look at their plans (http://www.stevenspass.com/Stevens/SiteAssets/files/the-mountain/MDP_Appendix_6_StevensPass-SummerPlan.pdf). It sounds like they're a bit more serious this time around, though we're probably looking at 2009 before seeing any major progress.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yo dude!

I was at a wedding last night, and for wines, the bride/groom had actually made their own. A white a red and a "strawberry zinfandel" or something like that. It was really great, and every bottle was labelled with the date of the wedding and all that fancy stuff. So if you're looking around for wines, maybe consider making a couple hundred bottles like they did? :)

He had ended up making so much that there was more than 1 bottle of every kind per person at the wedding. haha.

Anyway... just checkin' in to make sure all's well on the west coast.

Things are good with me and music. Just working on financing our recording. ouch!

10:04 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

Hey Nathan, what's up?

My guess is the logistics involved in us making hundreds of bottles of wine that aren't horrid are vast.

How expensive is it to record? Maybe you need to find a sponsor...

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home