Monday, September 20, 2004

Exit 38

I've been really dragging my feet on writing my west coast trail writeup... It's given me an excuse to stop writing weekly, but I'm just going to start writing regardless and post about the west coast trail when I get it written.

Turns out I caught Beaver Fever (Giardiasis) from some water I drank on the trail. It was certainly not fun, and I lost more than 10 lbs during the week or two that I had it. Lame. Turns out that 5 of 6 of our crew caught it, and the one that didn't went directly on anti-biotics for a foot infection once he came off the trail, so he was basically lucky. I'm just now getting back to the gym and trying to get my weight back to usual.

This weekend was all about rain, specifically rain on me and nobody else it seems. It was super nice all day long on Friday, I even brought my bike. The minute I stepped out of work to go biking it started raining. The minute I got to my destination it started pouring. I waited it out until it was only drizzling and then I went out. Near the end of my ride it was raining on me again.

Saturday I went over to Evan's and did a 24 mile ride near Discovery Park. It again rained on me. Evan was able to find me a jacket which really helped out. I need to get one of those. Later Saturday night it was Henry's birthday party. He's now just as old as me: poor guy.

Sunday Henry and I went to Exit 38 which is a popular downhill bike area near Seattle. We were just going to check it out because of how beautiful it seemed outside we figured we'd just walk the trails. Little did I know it was 'Rain on Aaron' weekend. As soon as I got out near Issaquah it started raining, and the minute I got out of the car at Exit 38 it started pouring. We drove around killing time until it stopped raining. Then we checked out the trails for a bit. They weren't as 'big' as I had imagined, but then again, I didn't see all the trails. We did see a wild cat of some sort jump out in the trail in front of us and run away, but that was probably the most excitement we had.

We drove back and right after Issaquah it stopped raining and totally cleared up. Turns out it was nice in Seattle all day long as it rained on me. Ah well, the trails were somewhat interesting.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you it was giardia! --JM

3:24 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Giardia sounds like a good time (losing weight and all), but really I'd stick with a reasonable diet and some exercise from now on.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home