Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Some big hits at Tiger

This weekend was pretty tame. I did manage to do some exploring on the bike. Cheryl was in town, so we borrowed Amanda's bike and headed up to Tiger Mt. Since Amanda's bike is fully rigid I decided the Preston Railroad trail was a bit too much. Instead I opted to go on the Iverson Railroad Trail which is much shorter, and less of a climb overall.

We were worried the bike wouldn't be good on that trail either, so before heading into the Iverson trail we kept along the fire road to see if we could get to Poo Poo Point (In case you don't believe this is a real place...). Turns out it's a lot of downhill before getting there (which translates into a lot of riding back uphill on the way back) so we didn't continue too far along the road. Fortunately I saw a couple of cross-country looking trails on the way up and decided to investigate further.

Turns out there's an entire network of downhill trails here, and some of the hits are pretty big. I don't know how welcome new riders are, because after riding by a 'Mess with the best, die like the rest' skull and crossbones shed I ended up near a building with what sounded like some pretty mean attack dogs. Anyhow, if I ever get a bike with 8" of travel I might venture back.

I'm going to bring my bike in to get a tune-up because my derailleurs are acting up. Hopefully it's something that's easy to fix.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home