Thursday, June 03, 2004

Long, rainy weekend

Had my first 4 day weekend in a long time. The weather did not co-operate unfortunately. It rained every day. It even hailed pea size hail on me after I decided the weather might be ok to take my bike out on Tiger Mt. Friday.

Well, went to Vancouver Friday night with Amanda and a couple of her friends from soccer. Neither of her friends had ever been to Canada, so helping entertain them over the weekend kept my mind off the crap weather. They had never seen curling, heard the hip, had a bellini, or been to Tim Hortons, but over the course of a couple of days they had experienced those and more. We also took a good hike up near Deep Cove, watched Kill Bill, showed them Stanley Park, Lynn Canyon and took a trip to MEC where apparently the price of poles is much less than in the states.

Bought Digger's compilation at MEC for much less than it would have cost in the states. It's amazing the difference between the first and 5th video in terms of quality, sponsors, and air.

Came back to Seattle, and watched Primer at the SIFF. Not amazing, but it was good.

Outdoor volleyball is starting up here. I went out, played a reverse doubles game and almost gave myself a concussion after diving for a dig. Slow start, but I'll hopefully get into the swing of things soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home