Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Joe Satriani held my guitar...

And then he signed it.

Joe Satriani came to Bellevue Music (where I take guitar lessons) primarily to tout peavey amps, but in order to do so he pumped up the volume and played some of his most popular songs from Surfing With The Alien, as well as some songs from his new CD: Is There Love In Space?. The last time I saw Satriani was in the Paramount theatre alongside Yngwie Malmsteen and Steve Vai, and the time before that was in the Moore theatre with Stu Hamm, and the next time he comes to Seattle it will be in Key Arena, so hearing him play to less than 300 people in a Bellevue store for free is totally unreal. Then when he took questions from the audience, spent time talking to everyone and offered to autograph something for everyone in the audience I was really surprised.

Anyhow, we talked for a few seconds, he signed my guitar, and commented that he thought it was pretty sweet. I was going to ask him to pluck one of the strings so I could say that Joe Satriani played my guitar, but I left it at the autograph :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, that is so clutch. You shoulda totally got him to pluck a string. I bet he would have found it hilarious!

I know I would have! =)

9:39 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

I agree. The more I think about it, the more I wish I would have asked him to pluck a string :)

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home