Monday, May 17, 2004

Mt. Seymour and more Mt. Seymour

Went up to Mt. Seymour on the North Shore of Vancouver this weekend. Thought I was going to actually find the Bridal Path trail, but again missed it and ended up going down Team Pangor.

Now Pangor is a mere single black, and some may consider it closer to a blue run, but on a XC bike it's certainly not something you can just shoot down with reckless abandon. I took it relatively easy this time and didn't even end up going over the handlebars once. I made it over a good portion of the structures in place, but did have to bypass a couple.

Saturday night I saw Supersize Me which I thought was actually really good. Before hitting your next fast food joint you should stop off and see this movie. While we were in the movie Cheryl's car was broken into. They broke the lock on the left door. The week before someone smashed her back door window (there goes another $150), so she's kinda getting used to it now, but it still sucks to have all those papers thrown around the vehicle. There's still a hole where someone tried to pry open the right door lock some time ago as well. Let me tell you, I'm going to avoid parking in downtown Vancouver whenever I can.

Sunday I determined that the trail marked 'Horses Loop' was actually the start of the Bridal Path trail. So I took it the whole way west, took Willis Way, looped around and went back East on the Bridal Path to end up right back where I started. I met some local folks who were kind enough to bike with me and show me the loop.

Didn't get back to Seattle until 1:30am or so... I was tired from all the biking, but still woke up on time this morning.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home