Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Whistler Opens Early!

So whistler opened November 5th. That's the earliest it's opened since I've been here.

I woke up at 5am Saturday morning to meet Glade and Jen over in the North Shore by 6. We left by 6:11 and were in whistler by 8am. We then found out that the blackcomb gondola was closed and only the blackcomb village lift was open. That caused quite the traffic jam even at that time in the morning.

Once on the hill it was great. We rode a couple of runs in fresh powder until the rest of the world woke up, and then headed out in time to miss the big rush. It was a great time: No injuries.

My board is broken though. I've had it since Nov. '99, so it's been around for a while, but now the edge is cracked in two places, and the lamination is peeling off. The wood core is also cracked (which is easy to see since the lamination is on its way out). Anyhow, so sunday I spent some time looking for a new board. I imagine I'll buy something similar to what I have already. Probably a Timeless 164 or something similar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home