Friday, September 16, 2005

Cyclo-cross, Cyclocross, Cyclo Cross??

So a co-worker convinced me to try a cyclocross night at marymoor park. I've never ridden a road bike before, let alone a cross bike. Here's a description of cyclo cross is for those who might never have heard of it. I think I'm going to stick to downhill and cross country, but it was a good time anyhow, and I got a bit of exercise too.

I've been pretty quiet these last couple of weeks, went to whistler two weeks ago, it rained there... In fact, the best quote of the weekend was from my friend Dan who text messaged us from whistler while we were on our way up "Time to drink, whistler's a sink" I managed to get in a few runs, but then we left the next day for Cypress Ski Hill which newly opened their bike park this year. That one needs more work. Only a few runs were open, and other than a few sweet sweet wall rides the rest was pretty tame. It will be better next year, but it needs some time.

Last weekend I went to vancouver and did a run up seymour with Glade and Andy. I broke a spoke, but that was it. Three close calls: One gap that was bigger than I thought it would be, one drop that was bigger than I thought it was, and another drop that I kicked out of and landed flat. No big problems though.

Anyhow, until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home