Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Crankworx 2005

Well, last weekend I went to Crankworx for the second year in a row. Crankworx is "Canada's premier Freeride Mountain Bike Festival" if you read their site, but it's also a sweet time.

Cheryl, Jen, Glade and I stayed at a condo for very cheap ($50/night), so that helps, but the sun was shining and the bikes were flying, so that is what made the weekend.

Saturday I rode mainly the Garbanzo chair with Jen and Glade. The garbanzo runs require a lot of braking, so my hands were in very rough shape at the end of the day. All the braking made me feel as though I have arthritis. I hope I don't (My hands are still recovering from the weekend). I only had one run-in with a tree - no major injuries.

Saturday night was the slopestyle competition. Please look at the pictures as they are sweet indeed... Matt and Dan showed up to make the party better. Matt rode in three races, got a 3rd in the bikercross, 10th in the Air Downhill, and got a flat on the one he should have done best in (the Enduro DH). Sunday I took a ton of advil for my hands, and went back up again, this time spending most of the day on A-line, Dirt Merchant and other lower runs. Those hurt the hands much less. I took an advil almost every second run. I might get better brakes sometime soon. I saw two big wipe outs... One was a guy going 30mph on a gravel road before turning too sharp. I think I saw bone on that one. A second was a concusion off the fun box in the middle of the park. That guy couldn't remember what day of the week it was for at least 20 mins. With a record setting 1800 bikers on the hill there were bound to be a few injuries.

Anyhow, the biggest mechanical I had was a flat tire. That's a good weekend :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home