Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Day 2: Busy day in Tel-Aviv

Watched the world cup game until 1am. Italy scored two goals in overtime to win. Then it was off to bed.

Unfortunately I woke up at 4am because of the time difference... I stayed in bed until 6:30am, and then decided to take a walk/jog down to Jaffa from my hotel. That was about 30 mins in both directions along the mediterranean boardwalk. The sun was low enough that I didn't get sunburned, but bright enough to make for a few good pictures. I went back to the hotel, had a short workout at the gym, ate breakfast, and it wasn't even 9am yet... I read the local paper, and waited to be picked up for my first day at work here in Tel-Aviv.

Couple of interesting things I learned today:
- Multiple corporations give people in Israel cars, gas, telephones as part of their compensation package (it's the norm apparently.)
- The lights go amber before they go green: As soon as people see amber they rev the engines to bolt off on the green light.
- Scooters are the vehicle of choice to weave in and out of crazy traffic --- for folks that don't mind being on the edge of dying all day long.
- There is not much downhill biking over here, but so far I have mostly seen XC mountain bikes riding up and down the boardwalk, no roadbikes.

I met with one company today. We had a good discussion, and they left pretty happy, so I think it went well.

Unfortunately my scheduled day tomorrow is not going to happen as planned. I was going to go to an event planned by the marketting team, but turns out the whole thing is in Hebrew... So I'm taking the day off to go to Jerusalem on a guided tour. Hopefully I can wake up early enough, but if today is any indication that will not be a problem.

Now it's on to the other world cup semi finals game.

I'll take a lot of pics tomorrow. Have fun!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it working? If it is, then he is my comment: Thank you for keeping us "in the loop". You are very thoughtful, and we love you! Mom :)

4:08 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Yes, it is working :)

I'm glad you're able to leave comments now!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home