Thursday, November 01, 2007

Birthday, Biking, and Guitar Hero III

Well, this last weekend I celebrated my birthday with a set of close friends. We had cake (ate it too), played some guitar hero, went out to some of the local bars in Capitol Hill, and played some more guitar hero.

Out of a request Cheryl made a Maple Walnut Chiffon cake from a recipe my mom used often when I was younger (so much younger than today).

Cake cutting:

IMG_8621

A great black and white photo by W:

IMG_8606

More folks:

IMG_3655

On Sunday Cheryl and I went biking near South Sea Tac. It was a beautiful day, so there were a ton of folks in the flow park. Cheryl didn't like the crowds, so she opted to ride on her own as I played around in the flow park. The builders added a few additional stunts since the last time I was there, so it was good to get a few practice runs before hitting anything substantial.

Here's a shot of me going off one of the new lips on the lower section of the park:

IMG_3670

On Monday Cheryl and I went out to Morton's to have some serious steaks. We both had filets, and wow were they good. The price was a bit steep, and Cheryl wasn't excited about the waiter bringing out a live lobster as part of their menu presentation, but it was great to get out to a new place I've never been to.

Tuesday Guitar Hero 3 came in. Needless to say my night was shot. I unlocked all the levels I could before signing into XBox Live. There are some seriously good players out there. I lost as many matches as I won, but it's great to actually be able to compete against random people online. In Guitar Hero 2 the only XBox live functionality of note was the leaderboard.

Anyhow, I should head out. In the last couple of weeks I haven't spent too much time at the gym, so I think I'm due for a workout.

Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home