Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday: Great day for skiing!

Well, of course, this Sunday was Super Bowl... But it also snowed 5 feet over the week at Crystal Mt, so I definitely couldn't miss getting in on that.

Saturday was Crystal Mountain's busiest day in history, so I'm very glad I waited until Sunday to get out and catch some turns. Most people were busy preparing for Super Bowl rather than skiing on Sunday, so it was a good day to go. Given I was going to a super bowl party as well I had to get done skiing early, so I got to the hill by 8:15am. I skied as hard as I could over the morning, and was done by 12:30. It was great: short lift lines, tons of snow, great visibility - the trifecta. Later in my day the visibility started waning, so I decided to pack it in and head back to Seattle.

I realized I hadn't had a haircut in many months, so I got that done. Then I headed to Evan's to check out his new 46" 1080p TV (and the game too.)  Sooo much nicer than my 27"CRT - which we couldn't give away if we tried. I'm not really a big NFL fan, but I have to admit the 4th quarter of that game was well worth the wait. For whatever reason I felt bad for the Patriots who ended up breaking their win streak on the only game that mattered... But I'm sure they'll all be fine, I know I've gotten over it.

Hopefully I get out to Crystal again soon. So sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home