Thursday, July 06, 2006

Day 3: Jerusalem

Fell asleap during the soccer match yesterday. Seems like France won on that penalty kick...

This morning I went on a guided tour of Jerusalem. I'm glad I went.

Some of the highlights...
Seriously, there's a bit of history in those gates.

After the tour we went to the Holocaust Memorial. Not something I'd suggest for a first date location. One of the people we went with was a holocaust survivor while her friends and family were not so lucky. Needless to say it was a fairly emotional event for her. Some of the images they had presented will stick in my head for some time for sure.

An old lady came on our tour, it was a 2.5 hour walk in 30+ degree weather. I was very worried she would not make it, and she almost didn't. They need to post a warning about that on the tour books to avoid a bad situation.

We lost a guy on our tour at the holocaust museum. Apparently he heard the wrong meet-up time, and the tour left to go back to Tel-Aviv without him. He had to take a bus home - he didn't pay attention the whole way through the tour, so I'm not suprised about the outcome.

Umm... I saw a camel... That was cool.

Tomorrow is a holiday in Israel (they take Friday and Saturday off instead of Sat/Sun). I might work anyhow because if it weren't for a scheduling snafu I would have been working today.

So in terms of my schedule I think ít's work tomorrow in Tel Aviv, go to the Dead Sea and Masada on Saturday - if I can hook up a tour.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lot of history you are experiencing! It must be very moving for you. I can imagine that people who are very close to their Catholic (Christian) beliefs must be very emotional touring this area. I hope your meetings next week go well. Please keep us posted. It is so good to be able to keep up with your "comings and goings" this way. Love ya! Mom :)

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home