Monday, July 10, 2006

Day 5, 6: Nazareth, Sea of Galilee, Jordan River, Italy wins

I was not able to post last night because I got in too late. The internet kiosk in the hotel is in a room that closes at 10:30pm. I think I'll be back too late to post tonight as well.

Anyhow, I've seen a lot in the last couple of days.

First I took a tour to Nazareth. The most amazing thing we visited there was the Basilica of the Annunciation. This was the home of Mary, and where Gabriel announced that she would be the mother of Christ. At which point I imagine she said "ah Christ" - that has not been verified. Next to this church is the Church of St. Joseph where Jesus' dad worked as a carpenter.

Inside the Basilica

Then we went to the Sea of Galilee. This is where Jesus walked on water, performed the bread/fish miracle, and met Peter, James, John. It's 200m below sea level, so it's the lowest place on earth I've been so far. If I get a chance to go to the dead sea then I'll go even lower.

From there we went to the Jordan River. This is the place where Jesus was baptized. I stood in the water, and watched a couple of people get baptized. Good times had by all :)

Jordan River

Until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home