Thursday, December 14, 2006

Wow... Wind and rain galore

Just got in from an interesting ride home due to the strong wind and hard rain in Seattle (check out the rolling incident report.)  I decided to leave the gym early for a few reasons, but one was they were planning to close the 520 bridge due to high winds.  On my way home I found out that the arboretum I usually drive through was flooded: Cars were abandoned, and it looked like a lake.  I went around the arboretum, and soon after was detoured around a recent accident where a huge tree had fallen onto a van in the middle of the road.  As I detoured around that accident I had to take a third detour when a set of busses sat abandoned in my way.  It was pretty strange.  You can watch the Komo 4 Video, or the Kiro 7 coverage for more info.

Apparently the winds are supposed to get a bit worse before they get better.  I've been hearing sirens fairly consistently, so it sounds like the police are working overtime tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home