Tuesday, October 24, 2006

More Shore - Oilcan, Pink Starfish, and Boundary

Wow.  The weather was awesome this weekend. 

I went up to Vancouver and helped Cheryl move her couch Saturday morning.  Later that day she cooked an amazing salmon dinner and we ate with her co-worker Sean, and his family.

Saturday night I installed the derailleur on my bike so I could make an early morning ride with Glade, and some friends (Jay, Steve, and Andrew).  They wanted to meet at the Fromme trailhead by 9am which is ultra early for me because I'd have to leave Cheryl's house by 8am to get there.  Regardless I set the alarm, and hoped we'd get rained out :) 

Sunday morning there was a thick fog and it seemed cold outside.  I heard fog horns in the distance, and thought for sure folks would be late for the ride, so I shut off the alarm and went back to sleep...  Minutes later I got a call from Glade telling me to get my butt out of bed.  Turns out the fog was hanging downtown, and the north shore was warm and sunny.  I couldn't believe it.

We started the arduous climb up to the top of the seventh switchback to enter into Upper Oilcan which was in pretty good shape.  I emerged from the trail with only one wipe out - I sprained my finger mildly when my pedal caught a log on a tight corner causing me to go over the handlebars.

Anyhow, Glade somehow convinced the crew to head down Pink Starfish (a slightly more difficult trail), and I was glad.  The trail had a few shady structures, but overall it was in reasonable shape.  We then went over to Boundary.

Boundary was one of the best trails I'd ridden on the shore.  Ladders galore.  At one point I thought I was in an Ewok village.  A couple of structures were a bit high, but most were do-able, and other than one or two exceptions I rode the whole trail.  Here's a photo of one of the structures.

Anyhow, afterwards Glade helped me throw an MRP Chainguide on my bike.  It looks pretty sweet!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey aaron, hope ya have a sweet birthday!

8:24 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

I did. I just posted what we did, so check it out!

7:09 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

By the way, thanks for the birthday wishes!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home