Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It's that time of year again

This weekend was my birthday.  It's rare that you get the opportunity to have a 25 hour long birthday, but this year I was able to given it coincided with the day we had to set our clocks back an hour.

Anyhow, we had a great weekend. 

Friday night Cheryl came down and we watched Nacho Libre with a few friends.  The movie was nowhere near as funny as I hoped it would be, I wouldn't watch it again.

Saturday Cheryl and I walked down to the Pacific Science Center to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit - only to find out it was totally booked up for the day by the time we got there...  We salvaged the day by walking down to pike place, getting some salmon, and coming home to cook dinner for Shawn and Megan. 

Saturday night we all got dressed up and headed out on the town.  Cheryl and Megan made custom "11th and Denny" rock star shirts, Shawn was a cowboy, I was a rock star, Trang was green eggs and ham and Henry was the flying spaghetti monster...  That was pretty good.

Sunday Cheryl, Megan, Shawn, and I went to The Farm to get a pumpkin directly from the patch, and to visit their corn maze.  I'd always wanted to check out a corn maze, and this one was a model of Washington state.  Later that night we had a bunch of people over for cake and a pumpkin carving competition. 

 

IMG_2776.JPG

Pic: Cheryl carved the bike, me, the scary face

Cheryl took Monday off so she didn't have to drive home at an insane hour.  As a result I also took it off, and we went to Rattlesnake Ledge.  The weather was crisp, and clear, and the views were great.

IMG_2791.JPG

Pic: Rattlesnake Ledge

I put up a few photos of the weekend here. Check them out!

Also, if you're interested in trying out a few pumpkin carving ideas before committing to doing it on the real thing check this site out.

Until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home