Sunday, April 01, 2007

Cheryl's Birthday

It's that time of year again, Cheryl's birthday!

IMG_5845.jpg

Saturday evening we went to dinner at the Buenos Aires Grill in downtown Seattle. The Buenos Aires Grill is an Argentine Steakhouse with live tango performances every Friday and Saturday night.

The only reason we really ended up there was because I couldn't get reservations at the first 9 places I called: The Met, The Brooklyn, Daniel's Broiler, El GauchoRovers, Canalis, Union Square Grill, and even Ray's Boathouse were all booked. I was thinking we'd end up eating at McDonalds if the pattern were to continue much longer, but luckily enough the folks at Buenos Aires Grill were able to fit us in.

I'm really glad we had the opportunity to eat there too. The Caipirinha's were outstanding, and my rib-eye had a most welcome tangy zest I was not expecting. Cheryl enjoyed the tango dancing, and overall it was a great time. We were able to make it back for birthday cake at my place by 9:30 which was our main time constraint.

Earlier in the day I made Cheryl a chocolate cake, so we invited a few friends over post-dinner to sing happy birthday and have a few drinks. The cake was good, the singing was off key, and my usual Strawberry/Orange/Sorbet/Rum/Ice drink went down smoothly.

Sunday Cheryl and I went cross country biking out at South Sea Tac. Cheryl bought new shoes to go with her new bike, so she had a chance to try them out. She was pretty excited because these were her first pair of shoes that clip into the pedals. I'd say that's a milestone.

Anyhow, that's enough for now. There are a few more photos up on Flickr. Go check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home