Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Early season North Shore riding

I was up in Vancouver for the weekend visiting Cheryl. I had the opportunity to ride the North Shore trails on both Saturday and Sunday. It was good to get the first rides of the year in.

The North Shore trails are some of the best known trails in North America for freeride mountain bikers. I've spent most of my riding time there on Mt. Seymour, and Fromme, but there are some great trails on Cypress as well.

Saturday was a ride with Cheryl up on Fromme. We did a practice ride on a lower trail before heading up to Pipeline which is a pretty flowy trail which was in great condition for this early in the season. Lots of rock work, and some ladders compliment the typical north shore rooty/rocky and muddy singletrack.

Sunday I went up to Seymour with Glade. We didn't go all the way to CBC because it's just not open this early in the season. Instead we did a quick ride down Ned's. Ned's isn't as technical as CBC, but it was a good start to the season. Glade and I powered down pretty quickly, and only had one close call - Glade and I went over a root gap way too slow...  We almost both bit it on that one.

Anyhow, we had great weather throughout the weekend, Cheryl and I later took the chance to take a walk along the Stanley Park seawall in the sun after a good weekend of riding.

I should have taken some photos... Next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home