Friday, December 10, 2004

Vancouver, V-ball and Deck the Hall Ball

Took a quick trip to vancouver this past weekend. Left Saturday at around 4pm and started the ride back at 3pm the next morning (which put me in Seattle early enough to make my 6:30pm v-ball match).

The volleyball was less than sub par. We played a team that was so bad I felt embarassed for them. Their reaction time was such that they couldn't put their hands over their heads fast enough to protect them from a spike coming their way... Turns out there were a few gonna go their way, so after knocking one of them twice in a row I decided to tone it down a bit.

Later on in the week we played our first playoff game at our wednesday league. We were a player short, but somehow we managed to pull through. Next week is going to be much more painful as the team we play is stacked.

Last night I went to the Deck the Hall Ball which was pretty fun, but not as good as in '99 when the foo fighters, beck, bush, run DMC, staind, and 311 rocked the place to the floor. This time around there was snow patrol, franz ferdinand, modest mouse, the killers, keane, and the shins. We expected modest mouse to be the star of the show, but I think the killers rocked the hardest, kean and franz ferdinand rocked pretty hard too.

This week it snowed a TON in the mountains, but unfortunately it's raining there now, so instead of hitting baker all weekend I think we might just take a one day run up to crystal.

Anyhow, I think I'm going to head out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home